Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The overall experience

This past year has been an interesting one for me; from being thrust in atonality back in September, to experimenting with a blues cliche, writing for a new instrument, and finally back to my routes in a saxophone quartet. I've grown so much as a composer and finish my two composition courses with a new found confidence, that I can write music that people (including myself) will actually like. I really appreciate all the feedback I've been given over the last two terms, and the oportunities to work with great musicians to bring my music to life, it's an experience I'll never forget.

Don't want to make this too sappy, but it's been a great year!
-NB-

1 comment:

Clark Ross said...

Thanks, Neil. It warms my heart to read that. Good luck with everything in the future, and let me know how you're doing from time to time!